Monday, January 18, 2010

I'm The Queen Of...

...Procrastination.

I've been a writer my whole life and today, January 18, 2010 is the first time I'm creating/writing a blog. What took me so long, you ask? Well, there are myriad excuses (busy weekends, busier workweeks, blah blah blah) but really the answer is pure and simple - I'm a procrastinator who just happens to be a writer, well up until recently when my career took a surprising turn down the "Business Development (read: Sales)" path. Why do work ahead of time when you can put it off until it becomes a nagging black cloud of stress? I thrive on looming deadlines, it just makes me work faster and more efficiently. I guess that's why it took this long to start a blog - simply because there was no deadline hanging over my head.

So, I figure new year, new decade, new attitude. I have concerns about how I'll stack up against some pretty impressive blogs I've read out there (olivia, rebecca, kim!) but this is me, like it or lump it. Sometimes I'm funny, sometimes I'm plain silly, and sometimes I get really bummed out over things I can't control (aka LIFE). I invite you to ride down this path with me, but I can't promise it will be bump-free and without rambling detours.

Here's the introspective portion of my very first blog entry - I have learned, in my almost-32 years, that life truly is a blessing not to be taken for granted. It's beautiful and ugly, it's hilarious and heartbreaking, and most of all, it's unique to each and every one of us. To me, life is all about the people with whom you fill it, and the cast of characters in my life can certainly sustain this blog!

"Dont ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

Listen...with your eyes.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so excited to read about your ride! Bring it on! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love It and You! Welcom to blog world. I have one too, but havent made an entry in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally stoked that you have started a BLOG! Kim told me and I just HAD to come on over. Good luck on your writing journey!

    ReplyDelete